Re: Remaining task packages ...

> Because skipstone isn't in Debian (yet).

what? Then how come I was able to apt-get install it? It should be in
both testing and unstable (but not stable). That counts...

> No, not stupid and evil at all.  If it comes down to it I'll have to
> see what kind of overhead (total disk space consumed) installing
> konqueror on a non-KDE system drags down with it.  It may be worth it
> to include konqueror as our "light" alternative (with skipstone being
> a contender if/when it goes into Debian).

Well, just installing konq. itself involves installing kdebase /
kdelibs. That isn't that much. But! That is barely functional. You
can look at plain HTML pages. If you try to look at a text
file...oops, you need KWrite to do that. Want to listen to a sound
file? Well, you don't have ARTs installed, so that will fail aswell.
It even goes so far that if you want to look at a picture that isn't
in a web page, you need to have some KDE image viewing program. Now,
if you don't use KDE, this all sucks. But, KParts (if you have all of
KDE) does rock. I do think that having something like this rocks.
Unfortuanetely, KDE apps take really long to start up (if you aren't
running KDE, they need to run kdeinit and stuff). So, maybe including
konq. isn't a good idea.

#indrema @ irc.openprojects.net
lamer.hackedtobits.com
linux@cke.cjb.net