Proper handling of Lintian warnings due to other packages

While building a package preparing for a possible upload, I am getting a
large number of warnings from groff-message due to invalid fonts for C
and CB in the manpages that are generated from Markdown with pandoc.
From what I understand, this is a known issue with how pandoc generates
nroff man pages and more recent versions of groff have started
complaining about the issue. Here is an example warning I am getting:

groff-message troff:<standard input>:89: warning: cannot select font 'C'

And it seems to match the issue documented here:

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/9020

My question is how to handle this. Should I just ignore it for now and
upload anyways since it's only a warning or should I add an override to
suppress it as it doesn't seem to be causing any breaking issues at the
moment? Have other developers dealt with this warning before?

--
Loren M. Lang
lorenl@north-winds.org

Public Key: http://www.north-winds.org/lorenl_pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: 7896 E099 9FC7 9F6C E0ED  E103 222D F356 A57A 98FA