Re: Is an ARM computer a good choice? Which one?

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 01:21:04PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> Nowadays, many people report good support with Lenovo's high-range ARM
> system, the Thinkpad X13S. I'd jump for mine if I wanted to buy a
> >US$1500 laptop (which I don't, of course!)

It has a trackpoint! Killer feature. It seems to have decent
performance; the press says it compares favourably to Intel's mobile
offering in December 2021 for less power draw, even though... really
slower than Apple M1 (like 2× to 2.5×...). But if it actually works
like right now (while GNU/Linux on Apple Silicon is still very, very
rough), and again, it has a trackpoint.

I think I've decided :) Thanks for the pointer!

Funnily it "start at" 994.95 USD "special discount, but value is 1809
USD" on the USA store and 1 829 EUR (1511.57 EUR without VAT, maybe a
better comparison) on the Belgium/Luxembourg store :-| However, that's
in most part because Belgium only has higher-spec stuff available,
makes some higher spec stuff the default (can be selected down) and
has three years warranty (1 year for USA).

If one actually configures them similar, the USA is between 1306.80
USD to 1475.80 USD and Belgium 1546.28 EUR (without VAT). They same
"without VAT" price for Luxembourg instead of (like others...) just
raising the price to match the same "total price".