clock problems

I'm having problems with the clock: I'm experiencing an offset of about 5-10 minutes per day. My comp is a Quadra 950 with debian woody (3.0r0). At install time I disabled the hwclock scripts, becouse otherwise it won't boot. Does this has to do with the problem? (it doesn't matter if I leave it on or off). Maybe it's the battery... any ideas? PS: where can I find the source code of hwclock? I would like to take a look at it, to see if I can fix it...
Kindest regards,
--
Rolando Abarca
Estudiante Injenieria U. de Chile